HomeRecipesOur CottageProjectsJust BecauseContact

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Making A Vintage Pincushion

 
I just love Pincushions and making them from vintage pieces is one of my favorite things to do. My Daughter found several of these Milk glass candy dishes and brought them to me. I love how they can hold scissors and stitch pickers. So I decided they need to become pincushions.
 

I just sewed a few hexies together and stuffed it with walnut shells, lavender and batting.
And no pincushion is complete without a bit of bling.
Now I am thinking I maybe will give this one to a friend.
but which one....
 
 
 
These a few of my other pieces I just love!
The girl planter is perfect for pencils, rulers, scissors etc!
 


3 comments:

  1. They all look so pretty. I need to make me a few. My Mom had a white bowl like the first one you made in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty clever! Now I'll have to be on the lookout when I'm thrifting! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you secure them with glue of any kind?

    ReplyDelete